Important Fraud Alerts
LRRCU DOES NOT CONTACT MEMBERS VIA TEXT MESSAGING. BEWARE OF TEXT MESSAGE SCAMS!
We will not contact members via text or email to deactivate your credit or debit card. Members should never call back or email back private account information; be sure you know who you are dealing with. Please track your spending; make sure all transactions have been authorized by you. Members have 60 days to notify LRRCU of fraudulent charges. LRRCU has many fraud detectors in place but if a scammer gets the necessary information you may see invalid transactions… it’s crucial for you to know where your money has gone.
Be aware, be proactive… know your transactions and know where you can get assistance if you are a victim of fraud. For More information check out our Member Resource Center.
Fraud and Security Information
- Lost or Stolen VISA Debit Card & ATM Card Hotline: 1-800-472-3272
- Lost or Stolen MasterCard Credit Card Hotline: 1-800-472-3272
- If you prefer not to receive pre-approved offers of credit, you can opt out of such offers by calling: 1-888-5 OPT OUT. (1-888-567-8688)
- If you want to remove your name from many national direct mail lists, send your name and address to: DMA Mail Preference Service, P.O. Box 9008, Farmingdale, NY 11735-9008
- If you want to reduce the number of telephone solicitations from many national marketers, send your name, address, and telephone number to: DMA Telephone Preference Service, P.O. Box 9014, Farmingdale, NY 11735-9014
- Consumer Protection – If you think you have been taken advantage of or if you have questions about an offer you received in the mail, online or on the phone, call the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Bureau of Consumer Protection Hotline at 1-800-441-2555 or visit the Attorney General’s website. For more information, visitattorneygeneral.gov.
- The Federal Trade Commission – Protect Consumers: Prevent fraud, deception, and unfair business practices in the marketplace. For more information, visit ftc.gov.
- USA.gov – Find information just for you – whether you’re a kid, parent, teen, senior citizen, veteran, Native American, researcher, teacher, government employee, American abroad, Spanish-speaker, or visitor to the U.S. For more information, visitusa.gov.
- How Do I Contact The Three Major Credit Reporting Agencies?
- Equifax, P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, Georgia 30374-0241.
- To report fraud: (800) 525-6285 or write to address above.
- To order a credit report:(800) 685-1111.
- To opt out of pre-approved offers of credit:(888) 567-8688. Website: http://equifax.com/.Experian, P.O. Box 2104, Allen, Texas 75013.
- To report fraud: (888-397-3742) or write to address above.
- To order a credit report:(888) 397-3742.
- To opt out of pre-approved offers of credit:(888) 567-8688. Website: http://www.experian.com/.Trans Union, P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, California 92634.
- To report fraud: (800) 680-7289 or write to address above.
- To order credit report:(800) 916-8800.
- To opt out of pre-approved offers of credit:(888) 567-8688. Website: http://www.transunion.com/.