It’s your student loan. You decide the repayment option that’s best for you!
- The Deferred Repayment Option means you make no payments while you are in school, or you can pay as much as you are comfortable with before graduation
- The Fixed Repayment Option allows you to pay $25 per month while you are in school, saving an average of over 10% on your total undergraduate loan cost as compared to the deferred repayment option
- The Interest Repayment Option allows you to pay interest while in school, saving an average 20% on your total loan cost, as compared to the deferred repayment option
For borrowers attending degree-granting institutions.
The Smart Option Student Loan features and benefits:
- Multiple in-school repayment options plus a choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates that provide even more flexibility
- No origination fees and no prepayment penalty
- Rewards and interest rate reductions available
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify and/or receive a lower rate
- 100% US-based Student Loan Specialists
Before applying for a student loan through LRRCU & Sallie Mae:
- Apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine if you are eligible to receive grants and federal student loans.
- Understand the terms of your loan payments. Compare what you expect to earn after graduation with what your monthly loan payments will be and determine if this is feasible.
- Determine how much you are willing to borrow. Are there other ways to pay for a portion of your bill up front? Pay as much as you can now instead of large sum later.
We are compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of Smart Option Student Loan customers.