Recently, the media has been reporting on a system vulnerability called “Heartbleed Bug.” This vulnerability can compromise the encryption technology used to protect information transmitted over the Internet and allow personal information to be stolen.
We are happy to report that our systems and applications used byLancaster Red Rose Credit Union members have not been affected by the Heartbleed Bug.
While our online systems are not impacted by this vulnerability, we want to take this opportunity to remind our members of additional steps you can take to protect your online information:
– Use different username(s) and passwords for each site you access.
– Use complex passwords containing uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and special characters.
– Change your password periodically.
– Store passwords securely.
– Never share your password with anyone.
Thank you for your diligence and interest in protecting your information.